Thursday 1 March 2012

Targets for March 2012


My new SnG journey hasn't started the way I wanted it to be. I am on a 30+ buy-ins downswing and it feels terrible. Yes, I experience downswings that is worse the the current one (Almost 50 buy ins), but that was at a time when I knew I was beating the stakes and thus I knew that variance was messing up my game.

However, as I had just started my SnG journey at Pokerstars after a break of 7 months, I started to doubt myself and wonder if I am truly beat at $15 SnG.

My Current Profits/Losses Graph at $15 SnG

Total Losses: -$484.65

EV adjusted winnings: $279


ROI%: 7.9%

ITM: 33.7%

As I review my play, yes, I made some crucial errors in some of the games and I am definitely not playing at the peak of my game that I used to last year. But, I can also see that I am definitely not running good at all. I am currently severely under EV. I should be winning $300 but I am losing $400+ instead. I am not winning any coin flip or 60/40 at important phases of the game. I ran into AA/KK/QQ lots of time when I shove towards the end of a game.

Despite my recent losses, I still believe that this game is beatable. I just need to put in the extra effort to review my games and I am sure I will be able to redicover my winning touches and ride out this downswings.

So, here's my targets for this month:


  1. Play at least 900 games at $15 sng. 
  2. Review my games with SnG Wiz and post my reflection in this blog. 
  3. Review SnG video guide by pimpindonks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment