Friday 11 May 2012

Leakfinding ... ...

Having played about 25k hands in 50nl, I have realised how awful I am in the fundamentals of poker.

I am currently down $100+ in 25k hands and I would have to say I am completely bashed by some of the more competent regulars there. I only managed to reduce my losses because of some big fishes in 50NL.

I am now more than ever determine to leak find and improve my game.

As I was reviewing my hand histories earlier today, I realised that I am not doing well with hands like AT, suited or offsuit on a flop like AJT. And I finally realised why.


  • Assuming I have ATs at CO, I made my mandatory raise (Folding this hand is too nitty imo) and BTN called me. 
  • Flop: A J T rainbow.
  • I flopped 2 pair! I cbet, and BTN called. 
  • Great flop for me isn't it? And BTN is calling when I have monster!
  • Wait,this flop is not as good as it seemed at first glance. 
  • Though it is good to flop 2 pair here, this flop would also have connected well with the BTN calling range. 
  • There are 16 combination of KQ, 9 combination of AJ, a few combos of sets+ etc.
  • These hands are well within the calling ranges of the BTN especially when he chose to call my cbet. 
  • Or even if BTN has AK, AQ, he does have significant equity in the pot. Pokerstove shows that he would still have close to 40% equity!
Therefore, my leak here is that I overvalued AT when I flopped top 2 pairs on a AJT type of flop and therefore losing alot of money with it. 

Yeah! Another leak plugged... ... or so I hoped. I shall not overvalue AT type of hands when I flopped top two pair vs a player whose calling ranges might have hit the flop well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment