Wednesday 11 April 2012

Positional Analysis

I tried grinding my usual dose of 4k hands at Zoom today. But halfway through, I was so tired that I decided to end the day after 2k hands, after being up by about $70. Instead, I decided to review my games, leak find and watch videos.

So, I decided to look at my positional winnings. It has been a long time since I review my positional play. To my surprise, I did quite well in most positions. And I am especially pleased with my sb and bb winnings which used to be my biggest leaks in the past. 

My Positional Result at 25nl Zoom after 40k+ hands


In the past, I was leaking a lot of equities at the SB and BB positions. I realised that I wasn't defending enough blinds at these position, causing lots of equities to be stolen from me too easily. As I started to review my games and improve on my play when I am in the blinds, my win rate started to improve. 

Assuming that I never defend my blinds, my losing rate at these blinds will be:

small blind = 4498 hands X $0.10 = -$449.80

big blind = 4472 hands X $0.25 = -$1118

As can be seen, I have actually "rescued" alot of my blinds by stealing/restealing wide which is really a very profitable play, especially against people who do not defend their blinds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment